Since now Dell is having its own Windows Phone 7 device aka Dell Venue Pro, they seem to be shifting loyalties from RIM Blackberry platform. In a recent development, WSJ is reporting that Dell is planning to shift about 25,000 employees from Blackberry to WP7 platform. A move which showcases that Dell is having big plans for the new mobile platform.
“Clearly in this decision we are competing with RIM, because we’re kicking them out,” the computer maker’s chief financial officer, Brian Gladden, said in an interview.
“We actually had a conversation last night around creating a site on eBay where we can actually sell these BlackBerry devices” that employees return, Mr. Gladden said. He added that he hasn’t told RIM of his plans, adding, “it’s not clear to them the scope of what we’re doing.”
- 08/23/2012 • Apple the most valuable company in the world – Infographic
- 06/10/2012 • An Amazon MBA big, cheap and out of control – Infographic
- 01/30/2012 • What’s the deal with green jobs – Infographic
- 03/11/2011 • BlackBerry PlayBook vs. Dell Streak 7 vs. Apple iPad vs. Motorola Xoom
- 10/21/2010 • Dell’s Inspiron 15R Alloy Edition Laptop
- 08/30/2010 • Facebook open’s office in Hyderabad