BrowserTexting is a great solution for typing out all of your text message directly from your computer’s browser. Use your computers keyboard to send SMS text messages without any installation or sign up and it is free too. BrowserTexting even supports group SMS to an unlimited number of recipients. BrowserTexting is packed with features such as live-sync between chat and the phones inbox/outbox, auto-sync with the phone book, delivery status, resend option for failed delivery, strong encryption and much more.
How to use BrowserTexting
#1 Install browsertexting app.
#2 After which you’ll be prompted to install the app Barcode Scanner. (If you already have a QR scanner installed on your phone, skip this)
#3 Go to browsertexting.com on your computer.
#4 Click the ‘Start texting from this browser now’.
#5 Scan the QR code displayed to connect your phone to your browser, pair your phone with your browser.
Now you can access the phone numbers and contacts stored in your android smartphone and send SMS to them right from your browser. This application will work on all popular browsers including internet explorer, firefox, chrome, safari and opera. Whenever you receive an incoming message, you get to hear a sound and a desktop notification. All communication between your browser and your phone is encrypted and safe to use. The messages will be received and sent over the network only by your smartphone (either via wi-fi/mobile operator). Browsertexting just makes our ‘texting’ life little easier when we are in front of the computer.
If you want desktop notifications when you receive a text message, you can install the Chrome extension, and connect through the extension, to access your contact list from a handy pop up window instead of the browser.
Once you’ve connected your phone to your browser, you can easily send text messages to individuals or to groups without having to fiddle with your phone’s keyboard. To send a message to more than one person, just hold down the ctrl or alt button as you’re selecting names. You can also send a text message to a number that isn’t saved in your contact list, by entering the number directly in the browser.
- No signup
- Send and receive SMS text messages directly in your browser
- Bulk SMS / Group SMS (SMS to an unlimited number of recipients)
- Delivery status (also on group SMS)
- Bulk send progress bar (keeps track of how many messages sent)
- Uses your current phone number and contacts
- Live-sync between BrowserTexting chat and the inbox/outbox on the mobile
- Auto-sync with phone contacts
- Cross browser compatible (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera)
- Cancel message option
- Resend option for failed messages (also on group SMS)
- Character and message counter
- Works without WiFi connection (mobile data is sufficient)
- Strong AES encryption of all messages and contacts
- Chrome browser extension
- No dedicated tab or window necessary
- Popup notifications
- Desktop notifications
- Sound notifications
- 09/06/2012 • A look at the attitudes and characteristic of smartphone users – Infographic
- 08/30/2012 • DriveScribe monitors speed, blocks all texts, updates and calls while the car is in motion
- 08/21/2012 • ooVoo updates its iOS and Android apps to support four-way video calls
- 08/16/2012 • Amber alert device to safeguard your kids
- 08/15/2012 • Pinterest now available for Android, iPad
- 06/25/2012 • Facebook’s new mobile feature for finding people around you: Find Friends Nearby