We have hundreds of excellent spots to choose from on any given night. Check out Dinevore to discover new restaurants, then Yelp to check location and reviews. If it seems good, I stop by MenuPages to browse their apps, then Google Maps to grab the location and OpenTable to make a reservation. I also check Foodspotting for photos and Foursquare for tips.
Founded by Sam Beaudin and Dave Riess, New York City startup Tapl.io (pronounced Tap-Lee-Oh) bring all these restaurant review sites to the table. It offer a browser extension that automatically pops up a simple folder toolbar when you visit a restaurant page at one of its partner sites, which currently include Citysearch, Facebook Places, Foodspotting, Foursquare, Google Maps, Google Places, Hunch, MenuPages, New York Magazine, OpenTable, Tripadvisor and Yelp. The toolbar populates with tabs, matching that restaurant’s profiles across all other partner services. You can then seamlessly flow between each of the tabs. No settings. No buttons. No extra searching or destination sites to remember. Tapl.io, available as a browser extension for Chrome and Safari.
Tapl.io also adds a social element by allowing you to share these places on Facebook or Twitter. Tapl.io has all the necessary social features
- share it with friends on Facebook and Twitter by clicking the “share” button on the Tapl.io tab bar.
- Your messages will be preloaded with a link, which, when followed, will allow your friends to view the place using Tapl.io (if they don’t have Tapl.io installed they will still be able to explore the place using a ‘testdrive’ version of Tapl.io).
- 04/11/2012 • Game geek – Can you name all 20 video games in this animation? – Video
- 11/30/2011 • “Soft” robot inspired by squid and starfish can crawl, undulate, squeeze under obstacles
- 11/18/2011 • What if occupy wall street was a game of Pong? – Video
- 06/29/2011 • Google cooks up Swiffy which convert SWF files to HTML5
- 05/04/2011 • Skip banks, middle man make direct Peer-to-Peer payments with Bitcoin
- 05/03/2011 • Munchery bring personal Chefs to your kitchen