Opera Mini one of the most popular mobile browsers, with 144M unique users monthly worldwide. The company pulled the stats on the top 10 visited mobile sites in 2011, with the data collected spanning November 2010-2011.
The world’s most popular websites on Opera Mini 2011 are:
#3. youtube.com (up 1)
#4. vkontakte.ru (down 1)
#7. wikipedia.org (up 4)
#9. yahoo.com (down 2)
#10. twitter.com (up 2)
Check the image below for comparison between November 2010 and November 2011.
In addition to this, Opera picked up on a few interesting mobile browsing trends for 2011:
#1 Wikipedia, Blogger and Spaces all saw significant gains in 2011, whereas Wapdam, Orkut, Detik and Live all dropped out of the global top 20 as the year progressed.
#2 Six handsets made the top 20 list in November 2011 that were not present on the list in November 2010. Five of them were Nokia handsets and one was a Samsung handset.
#3 Between November 2010 and November 2011, Latin America showed the fastest growth in terms of Opera Mini users (up 247%), followed by Africa (up 145%) and South Asia (up 138%). This is the second year in a row that Latin America showed the fastest growth.
- 12/21/2011 • What the WordPress community wants for 2012 – Infographic
- 05/19/2011 • Tags Music, People, Products in Images using Thinklink
- 05/13/2011 • Like me, Follow me is the social ask oversued – Infographic
- 03/14/2011 • Google to revamp Blogger
- 06/23/2010 • GoogleCL – Google unveils command-line tool for YouTube, Calendar, Docs , Blogger etc