Since the launch of the Nokia Lumia 800 two weeks ago at Nokia World 2011 I’ve been lucky enough to spend time with some of the key designers responsible for its creation, in order to bring you this exclusive in-depth video documentary. At 8-minutes long, it’s not your ordinary bite-size online video, but it is packed with heaps of fascinating insights and exclusive access to never-before-seen materials. So it’s worth setting aside a little time if you’re interested in discovering how the Nokia Lumia 800 was born.
The Nokia Lumia 800 builds on Nokia’s “fabula” design language, a visual style that has been created to be used across a range of products, including the Nokia N9. But in creating Nokia’s first Windows Phone there was a whole lot more to the process than simply blending together Nokia hardware and Microsoft software. There was an amazing amount of collaboration and a brave new approach to design that was applied to enable this product to come to life. This process was underpinned by a shared vision and determination from both Nokia and Microsoft, passionately articulated by Stefan Pannenbecker, VP of Industrial Design at Nokia:
- 06/06/2012 • Samsung Galaxy S3 vs. iPhone 4s : which one breaks first – Video
- 06/04/2012 • Samsung Galaxy S III vs HTC One X vs Sony Xperia S vs Apple iPhone 4S vs Nokia Lumia 800
- 02/01/2012 • Make your cellphone waterproof without any case
- 12/20/2011 • The Shrinking Price of Mobile – Infographic
- 11/24/2011 • txtRng:)™ – Texting gets uber cool and fashionable
- 11/14/2011 • Meet the iPhone’s biggest hater !