Google has introducing Chrome for Android Beta to your Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich phone or tablet. Like the desktop version, Chrome for Android Beta is focused on speed and simplicity, but it also features seamless sign-in and sync so you can take your personalized web browsing experience with you wherever you go, across devices.
Introducing Chrome for Android Beta – Video
Speed – With Chrome for Android, you can search, navigate and browse fast—Chrome fast. You can scroll through web pages as quickly as you can flick your finger. When searching, your top search results are loaded in the background as you type so pages appear instantly. And of course, both search and navigation can all be done quickly from the Chrome omnibox.
Simplicity – Chrome for Android is designed from the ground up for mobile devices. Re-imagined tabs so they fit just as naturally on a small-screen phone as they do on a larger screen tablet. You can flip or swipe between an unlimited number of tabs using intuitive gestures, as if you’re holding a deck of cards in the palm of your hands, each one a new window to the web.
Sign in – You can now bring your personalized Chrome experience with you to your Android phone or tablet. If you sign in to Chrome on your Android device, you can: View open tabs, Get smarter suggestions, Sync bookmarks.
And as with Chrome on desktop, Chrome for Android comes with privacy in mind from the beginning, including incognito mode for private browsing and fine-grained privacy options.
Chrome is now available in Beta from Android Market, in select countries and languages for phones and tablets with Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich.
- 09/06/2012 • A look at the attitudes and characteristic of smartphone users – Infographic
- 08/30/2012 • DriveScribe monitors speed, blocks all texts, updates and calls while the car is in motion
- 08/21/2012 • ooVoo updates its iOS and Android apps to support four-way video calls
- 08/16/2012 • Amber alert device to safeguard your kids
- 08/15/2012 • Pinterest now available for Android, iPad
- 06/25/2012 • Facebook’s new mobile feature for finding people around you: Find Friends Nearby