There is lot more to efficient Googling than you might think: in a recent study on student research skills, 3 out of 4 students couldnt perform a well executed search on Google. When the success of your team paper hangs in the balance, using Google effectively is crucial, but most students surprisingly just don’t know how.
Here are some crucial tips for refining your Googling, as well as some other great places to hunt down that last study you need for your thesis
The infographic below offers a helpful primer for how to best structure searches using advanced operators to more quickly and accurately drill down to the information you want. This is by no means an exhaustive list of search operators and advanced techniques, but it’s a good start that will help set you on the path to becoming a Google master. Thanks to the folks at HackCollege.
- 09/11/2012 • Browser extension enables SkyDrive attachments within Gmail
- 09/06/2012 • Google Maps unveils new features in India – live traffic updates and navigation
- 08/23/2012 • Apple the most valuable company in the world – Infographic
- 08/22/2012 • Google adds saved search settings, keeps them tied to your account across browsers and devices
- 08/21/2012 • Change the top Google search result for your name for free
- 08/15/2012 • How will Google remember this year’s top Olympic athletes? Infographic