GiveEmThis (Founded by Zack Oates), a simple to use gift-giving assistant from Imply Labs. GiveEmThis is a personalized gift engine that analyzes your friends’ social media updates to recommend relevant gift ideas. It promises to help you discover gift ideas your Facebook friends might actually want. GiveEmThis.com creates a personalized online shelf of gift ideas. It’s job is not to choose the best gift, but look at the millions of options and show you the things they’ll love most.
GiveEmThis prediction engine technology, considers a Facebook user’s demographic data, as well as her on-site behaviors and patterns. Events, status updates, shared links and “Likes” all factor into Imply Labs’ arcane algorithmic calculations. Twitter data is computed, albeit to a lesser extent, and natural language processing is used to understand the context of status updates.
How to use GiveEmThis
- Sign in with Facebook.
- Select a Facebook friend.
- Enter the friend’s gender and age (the info will auto-populate if it’s in your friend’s Facebook profile),
- Enter the person’s Twitter user name (if he has one).
- Few seconds later, GiveEmThis will spit out a selection of gift ideas all sourced from Amazon for the time being ofcourse tailored to your friend’s interests.
Imply Labs is a company that develops predictive buying technologies. They license their technology to other companies allowing them create a more relevant user experience.
- 09/06/2012 • A look at the attitudes and characteristic of smartphone users – Infographic
- 08/30/2012 • DriveScribe monitors speed, blocks all texts, updates and calls while the car is in motion
- 08/20/2012 • Bluetooth Bulb lets you switch on, time, dim and color your lighting from your phone
- 08/16/2012 • Amber alert device to safeguard your kids
- 08/16/2012 • Microsoft offers free 90-day evaluation of Windows 8 Enterprise edition to devs, releases .NET Framework 4.5 and Visual Studio 2012
- 08/15/2012 • Pinterest now available for Android, iPad