The story of its growth in the last 17 years can only be compared to the thunderous rise of Walmart. And in some ways, the curve is steeper: the million-title-bookseller turned world’s-largest-retailer hit the $50 billion sales mark in half the time it took Walmart. As far as online sales go, Amazon has laid waste to a list of successively higher-caliber competitors. Playing full-court with Barnes & Noble to Walmart all the way to Apple, Amazon just keeps outgrowing its labels: bookseller, e-tailer and now tech company?
Check out the infographic that’s helping everyone at Frugaldad understand the heights to which this furious ambition has led.
- 08/26/2012 • Shopping and shipping: A look at how people shop online – Infographic
- 08/23/2012 • Apple the most valuable company in the world – Infographic
- 08/22/2012 • Amazon launches Kindle store in India
- 06/10/2012 • An Amazon MBA big, cheap and out of control – Infographic
- 01/05/2012 • How Your Amazon Order Reaches You – Infographic
- 12/04/2011 • Stamped – iPhone app that lets you find and share recommendations with people you trust