Facebook has begun testing a new feature in the news feed that allow users to see what their friends are liking, sharing and commenting on in real time. The Happening Now sidebar appears in a column to the right of the primary news feed, duplicating much of that content in shorter form, as shown in the screenshot above from Dazeinfo. Users can click on an update to pull up more information without leaving the feed see the screenshot below. Facebook says that it is only testing the feature with a “fraction of a percent” of Facebook users, but “may expand it to more people” in the coming weeks.
- 06/23/2012 • The Superbus from Delft University of Technology can drive at 150km/h
- 06/20/2012 • Vijay Pandurangan’s 100 years of Indian movies poster colors
- 06/12/2012 • Kickstarter failures revealed – Infographic
- 03/26/2012 • Why is pinterest so addictive? Infographic
- 02/18/2012 • Microsoft reveals Windows 8 new logo
- 02/15/2012 • Microsoft guide explains process for submitting apps to Windows Store in Windows 8 – Video