How about something that can convert any windows program into a fully-functional web app that looks and feels exactly like the original desktop version, without the need for the source code, and without any kind of re-programming or web development.
Introducing Roozz, in matter of hours you desktop program is converted into web app, all you have to do is install a browser plugin.
What is Roozz
Roozz is Copenhagen based sophisticated middleware technology that that can convert the vast majority of existing software applications and PC games to run directly in the browser. It enables easy distribution of software applications on Windows and Linux. It is implemented as a browser plugin ala Flash and Silverlight, but it is different in that it integrates, payment, copyright protection and it allows developers to use many different programming languages such as C#, VB.NET, C++, Assembler.
Converting a title typically takes 48 hours where the only work involved for the publisher is to send the title on a CD or as download .zip package file and Roozz will take care of the rest. Entirely risk-free for the publisher to get started.
How does Roozz Works
The Roozz Platform consists of 3 components:
1. Roozz Plugin(2 Mb) – end-user must installable to run software which are then hosted on Roozz cloud server. It has built-in mechanisms to ensure that we only run secure software on the Roozz Platform and that allows us to pause the game while the end-user accept payment terms.
2. Roozz server components – database with some additional modules that take care of payment, security, updates etc.
3. Roozz conversion tools – only for internal use in the company to convert games and applications to run on the Roozz Platform.
The founder and CEO of Roozz.com, Thomas Jam Pedersen says: “Google Chrome Web Store makes it easier to find, rate and compare applications and now it is safe and easy to pay for them. We believe strongly in the Google Chrome Web Store (GWS) and we think this will start a true gold rush similar to what we have seen with the Apple Appstore in the last few years. In the first 5000 days since the web was born, it has predominantly been used for finding information. But the next 5000 days is going to be all about applications that can help or entertain people in their everyday life. What is new with GWS is that it is available on all platforms. We predict that any major company and many small innovative developers are going to put hundreds of thousands of application on GWS during the next 12 month and there is going to be a race to get there first to grab the users attention.”
Roozz is currently available on Windows and Linux platform and a version for Mac and mobile platforms is right now under development. Roozz allows automatic updates and copyright protections.
Benefits of using Roozz
1. New sales channels
2. Lure and hook users by offering free trials.
3. Easy and cost-effective.
5. Hosting is done entirely by Roozz.com (Microsoft Azure platform).
6. Do not require access to source code.
7. Payment module allows you as a Roozz customer to set up payment for each individual title.
Pricing and Plans
To publish a piece of software or a game online, the price is US$ 995 / title / year. This includes converting the title as well as all hosting cost for one year. The license will need to be renewed annually.
Try out some demo apps and games here.
Roozz – Makes software grow
Roozz makes software run in your browser
- 09/11/2012 • Cooking simulator: Virtual Reality Cooking will help you cook a perfect steak every time
- 08/15/2012 • Print a 3D model of your unborn baby
- 02/16/2012 • Code Hero is a game that teaches you how to make games
- 12/17/2011 • Greatest Card Trick Ever or say The Most Incredible Card trick
- 11/16/2011 • MiniatureMoments print your pictures in 3D
- 11/03/2011 • Fitted Fashion – 3D scanners and pattern-making software used to create perfect-fitting jeans