AppAware has collected anonymous data (i.e. applications installed on a device) from 20,488 men and 4,133 women registered on AppAware. It’s worth noting that the Users are distributed globally, but with a slightly higher concentration in US (26%), Germany (12%) and UK (6%).
Leaving the obvious contenders out of the equation, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Skype and Google Maps, AppAware’s infographic shows that guys have on average 90 apps installed, and they like to tweak their smartphones by installing ‘System Tools’ apps.
Ladies, on the other hand, with their average of 70 apps installed, prefer word and bubble shooting games, and 40% more use Yahoo! Mail compared to men.
- 09/06/2012 • A look at the attitudes and characteristic of smartphone users – Infographic
- 08/30/2012 • DriveScribe monitors speed, blocks all texts, updates and calls while the car is in motion
- 08/21/2012 • ooVoo updates its iOS and Android apps to support four-way video calls
- 08/16/2012 • Amber alert device to safeguard your kids
- 08/15/2012 • Pinterest now available for Android, iPad
- 06/25/2012 • Facebook’s new mobile feature for finding people around you: Find Friends Nearby