India’s largest telecom carrier Bharti Airtel has launched a special integration with Twitter today that will allow its customers in India to access the service from their mobile phones for free until March 1, 2012, according to a report by MediaNama. Airtel: free access to twitter from http://mobile.twitter.com is available to Airtel customers until 1st March 2012. Users can also sign up for Twitter using the SMS Short code 53000.
- Twitter mobile website: Visit mobile.twitter.com (with or without GPRS subscription), follow simple sign up process by entering your mobile number and start using!
- Create new account on Twitter on SMS: SMS ‘START’ to 53000, upon receiving reply – SMS ‘SIGNUP’ to 53000. Next, type a username (unique and less than 15 characters) and send that to 53000. Once Twitter approves your username, you will get a confirmation message, prompting you to SMS a chosen password to 53000. On completion of this process, your Twitter account will be created. Sign up is only required if a user wants to tweet
- Follow specific Twitter users on SMS: To receive updates from a specific user, SMS ‘Follow’ to 53000. Users can follow others on Twitter on SMS even without having a Twitter account of their own
- 11/18/2011 • iPhone 4S Price in India
- 11/14/2011 • Apple iPhone 4S launching in India on November 25th
- 06/02/2011 • Bharti Airtel with BigFlix launches on-demand movies and TV in India – Airtel Movies
- 05/17/2011 • Airtel launches USSD Based Facebook Service in India access accounts without data connection
- 03/31/2010 • Airtel And HTC Launches HTC Smart In India At Rs 9990