Tweeters share photos more than anything else, and pics make up more than a third of all links shared on the social network. Articles make up just 16% of shares, while videos come in at just under 10%. Predictably, YouTube dominates there, making up six in 10 video posts. Among photos, most people share directly from Twitter, while Instagram clocks in at 15%.
These stats come to us via Diffbot‘s new Page Classifier API. The tool, according to Diffbot, can identify the type of content behind any web link. Page Classifier analyzed 750,000 links posted on Twitter to create the infographic below, which gives an interesting high-level snapshot of what we share and how.
- 02/12/2012 • Who will win a Grammy? Twitter predicts the future – Infographic
- 11/25/2011 • TweepsMap interactive map of your Twitter followers by country, state or city
- 11/24/2011 • Google shutting down number of products Wave, Knol, Friend Connect and more
- 11/16/2011 • Stanford University offers free course on developing apps for iPhone and iPad
- 11/16/2011 • How to draw pictures, markers, lines, shapes on Google Maps
- 10/29/2011 • Tru.ly verifies digital identity against government data, now releases free age verification API