The appearance of social media is sometimes deceiving. This is becoming big news for sites like Facebook and Twitter. This infographic goes through the first fake account on Twitter to how companies, celebrities and Presidential candidates are under the microscope.
Here are some amazing stats about the growing problem and the booming business of fake profiles on Twitter.
- 39% of @facebook followers are fake – Tweet this
- 34% of @ladygaga followers are fake – Tweet this
- 31% of @justinbeiber followers are fake – Tweet this
- 32% of @katyperry followers are fake – Tweet this
- 32% of @espn followers are fake – Tweet this
- 33% of @britneyspears followers are fake – Tweet this
- 27% of @youtube followers are fake – Tweet this
This infographic from Social Selling University shows some key figures and companies that have fake or inactive followers, plus how much companies are charging to boost Twitter followings.
- 11/25/2011 • TweepsMap interactive map of your Twitter followers by country, state or city
- 11/22/2011 • Reminder from Google: 2-step verification protects you from hackers
- 11/17/2011 • How to get SMS notifications for Tweets and activity
- 11/17/2011 • How to add your phone to your Twitter account
- 07/05/2011 • How can you reactivate your Facebook account?
- 06/24/2011 • Should I Change My Password – checks if your password was compromised